Re: Typical M. Ramirezi & Gold Ram

Actually, there are starting to be some very good golds coming out of
Florida.  I have been spawning golds from there for three generations now.
The real problem with them is that there is no new blood to work into the
bloodline.  I just crossed a female from the blue line I have been working
with for 8 generations (6 generations included new blood from Europe, the
States and wild) with a very nice gold male.  In about 3-4 generations I
should have the blue out of fish.  The blue/gold cross is not a very nice
looking fish.  As far as them spawning goes, I have found that golds prefer
golds and blues prefer blues. The only way I got the cross was to put one of
each in the tank.

Joel WasDyke