Re: Thysochromis spawns

Dave,

Like John, I had no problem spawning them or letting them raise their fry for 4 -
8 weeks before removing the fry to a rearing tank. It is often reported, and I
found it true too, that T. ansorgii are very reliable parents if kept with some
target fish. I used Pelvicachromis roloffi because they were small and fairly
shy. The roloffis stayed away from the ansorgii, but it kept the parents from
getting bored. Bottom dwelling target fish do the best.

My Pv. roloffi didn't spawn in this tank until I removed the Thysochromis, so
don't expect this to be a community spawning tank unless it is very large.

Mike Wise