Re: Peat and Substrate for growout tanks

I've really grown to love using sponge filters in my tanks.   When I do
water changes I squeeze them out in the bucket of waste water and them
put them back in the tank.  Don't lose any bacteria to chlorine from the
tap water.   This works best for me.   Hydro sponges are also my sponge
of choice because there is no dead space sitting on the bottom of the
tank.   Also easier to clean around when siphoning off things in the
bare bottom tanks.

John