Re: Spawning A. Hongsloi

You are right, Ed. The temperature sensitive period starts at fertilization and
extends to 35 days post spawning. Fry transferred within the first 72 hours had
sex ratios that correlated with the temperature they were put in. After 72 hours
the ratio varied linearly until day 35. After day 35 the fry sex ratios were the
same as that of the spawning temperature.

To me it seems better to just keep them at around 26ºC (79ºF) all of the time and
not worry about any linear change in the 50/50 ratio you would get by changing
the temperature after spawning.

Mike Wise