Re: Panduro

>I had a pair of A. cacatuoides in a 10 gallon that contained some
>plant cover and a small cave, but not as heavily planted as I would have
>liked.  It seemed that the male chased the female somewhat, and when I came
>back from a one day trip out of town, my female was dead.

It doesn't matter how much plant cover or caves or rocks you've got in a
tank.  I had a pair of cacatoides in a 30 gallon tank and unfortunately the
male I purchased was the psycho fish from hell.  I didn't realize how bad
the situation had gotten precisely because there were so many places for the
female to hide.  By the time I found her, she was beyond hope.

I think that he did not understand proper body language and she, being used
to having 'normal' behaving males, (She'd spawned previously but not for 3
months) rejected his overly aggressive advances.  She _was_ in good spawning
condition before I introduced him into the tank.  He went back to the store.

G. Kadar