Moving....

Does anyone have suggestions on how to move 17 tanks with minimal stress to
my fish and myself?

I have over 200 fish - adults, juveniles, and fry.  All of my tanks have a
ph value of 5.0.  The largest tank is a 30 gal and the rest are 20's, 10s
and 2.5 gal tanks.  How do I keep the bacteria alive in the gravel and the
sponges?  How can I avoid taking the water?  Cycling these tanks is
unreasonable.

A lfs guy told me that if I keep the gravel in the tank and as long as it is
damp, I will not lose the bacteria colony.  He also said that it would not
be a good idea to acclimate my fish to the akaline water if they have been
living in acidic water.  Would that not be the same as buying them and
acclimating them to my tanks?

I know this is simple, however, with closing, moving, building racks, the
dogs, the cats, the movers, packing, work deadlines, etc.  I can't seem to
think straight.  Please advise.

Francine in MD
Fish - photography - genealogy