Re: Grey milky spot on eyes

"EXT AVS; \"Cory and Susanne Williamson\"" wrote:

> Hello all, I have a borelli female that has spawned recently- she has grey
> milky spots on the very center of both of her eyes -I have seen this before
> on my bettas, but I don't know what it is- the fry seem to be doing well and
> growing quickly- and the female does not seem to be adversely affected by
> the spots- she tends the fry as she has in the past and her colour is bright
> yellow. Any ideas as to what this is?

I've had it on two occasions, once with Cardinal tetras and the
other with A. agassizii. In both cases it was bad water at a low
pH that seemed to be the culprit. A guy I know said it was a
fungus that fish can get in acidic conditions if the water isn't
good enough. I've bettered since...

Fredrik L.