'bullnoses' and other questions

There are a couple of questions that have haunted me for some years now.
Perhaps someone can help.

The first is the matter of 'bull-nosed' fish.  I have seen entire spawns
(not from my own fish) grow out to have a strange condition that I can only
describe as bull-nosed, or perhaps bus-nosed.  The fish end up with a
curiously truncated head.  The lips and everything are there.  It's as if
the fish have run repeatedly into some immovable object without causing any
real damage, other than to the general form of the fish.  Otherwise, the
animals seem perfectly healthy.  I have observed this condition not only in
apistogramma (especially in A. hippolytae, though I doubt that species has
anything to do with it) but also in one male of a reverse trio of young
Psuedocrenilabrus - as they were then known - nicholsi that I picked up from
a LFS.  Can anyone tell me what causes this condition?  Has anyone else
observed it?  If we understand the cause, perhaps we can undertake to
prevent its occurence.  I believe I have only observed the condition in
domestically bred specimens.

The second is the proper spelling of two specific names: agassizi and
borellii.  I have spelled them as I think they should be spelled.  While I
can't claim to be other than the rankest neophyte in either Latin or
taxonomy, it seems that possession in Latin, at least as it relates to
scientific nomenclature, is normally denoted by the addition of the letter
'i' to someone's name, just as apostrophe 's' is added in English.  If this
is so, and a fish is named after someone named Geisler, then the correct
spelling of the specific name would be Apistogramma geisleri, or geisler's
Apistogramma, in English.  Since A. agassizi and A. borellii were named
after individuals named Agassiz and Borelli, respectively, it seems that the
correct spelling of these species' names is as shown above.  It seems that
in the hobby, these fish are consistently spelled agassizii and borelli,
however.  This seems to be especially true in the case of agassizi.  Am I
all wet?  Which is the better spelling for each species?

It may be evidence of some deep personal flaw, but I've pondered these two
questions a number of times over the years, and would appreciate any
elightenment!

Thanks in advance,

Scott