Re: 2 spot altispinosa

Frauley/Elson wrote:

> Hi,
> I just lost a spawn of two spot altispinosa. I've had four for 18 months
> and this was the start of breeding. They're one of those fish...

Hi Gary,

I've had a group of ten "two-spot" altispinosa since September '98. In
August this year, a pair spawned. I had two pairs of "two-spots" in a 72
gal with some Bolivian altispinosa. Unfortunately, two days after
spawning, just before I was going to steal a portion of the wriggling
brood, they disappeared. I left them setup in the 72, but they no longer
seem intested in spawning. I do, however, find them to be very timid
fish regardless of the dithers I use (guppies, rummynose tetras,
juvenile Satanoperca leucosticta and Biotodoma cupido) and the amount of
cover in the aquarium. I also keep the light levels low, but they are
still quite shy.

If you don't mind: how do you keep your "two-spots"? (tank size,
tankmates, stuff like that). Also, I got them as full adults - not sure
how long they are reproductively competent. Also, what do you feed
yours? I feed frozen bloodworms, frozen Daphnia, frozen glassworms,
pellets, Tetrabits and flakes.

Any suggestions on how to better keep them will be very much appreciated
- they are not at all like the Bolivian altispinosa!

Thanks

Lee