2 spot altispinosa

Hi,
I just lost a spawn of two spot altispinosa. I've had four for 18 months
and this was the start of breeding. They're one of those fish...
This loss was interesting - the male would spell the female for a few
minutes every day, and during this time, he would eat any fungused eggs.
The female wouldn't touch the eggs - she was a zealous guard but a shaky
cleaner. After 48 hours, the male got lazy and stopped helping, so the
fungus spread. The eggs looked fertile, but the fungus spread fast once
the cleaning stopped. I'd say 90% of the eggs were good.
We'll see next time. Hopefully, they're both pondering their next
attempt. I hadn't seen that twist before.
Gary