Re: Anomalochromis thomasi

John Wubbolt wrote:

> Just know that my experience with Thomasi was that
> they were picky spawners and terrible fry eaters.   Maybe others have
> better luck, maybe they need like a 33 long or 40 breeder or even a 55
> to raise their own fry in but I didn't have those larger tanks available
> at the time to try it in.   Hope you have better luck then I did.   They
> really are a neat little fish.
>
> John Wubbolt

John,

My experience is  very different. My A. thomasi were F100 or something like that.
They lived in an 18x16x10h in. (45x40x25h cm) tank with a coarse sand bottom and
a few rocks and plants. After the first 3 or 4 tries of spawning and eating fry,
they started pumping out fry until I had to separate them. I was flooding the
market with them! Now I have the same problem with Anomalochromis sp. Guinea! Go
figure.

Mike Wise