Re: long gone apistos Re:

I like this old codger thread... It's not the new and rare that gets
everyone worked up. For me, I got hooked by a single pair I didn't even
own. They were mcmasteri too, with regular red finnage but a pale
metallic borellii blue on the body. A friend had a single pair which
never spawned in a year. I've never seen another mcmasteri with those
colours, even if I'm a big fan of most any mcmasteri type. That's a
great group of fish that certainly aren't making it into the hobby
around here. They were once common, but I haven't seen good ones for
four or five years now.
Why, when I was a young man...
Gary