En: species, subspecies, strains, populations, races etc.

Hi Tsuh, Mike and others,

Mike,
I was written my previous post at the time you send yours.

>... Those that cannot
>interbreed with Sp.A but can with Sp.B would be considered populations of
Sp.B
>and visa versa. It's all systematics, after all. Whether you call it a
species,
>subspecies or a population doesn't matter to the fish as long as they can
produce
>healthy offspring.

What would you say if population A' (that can breed with sp. A but not with
sp. B) and population B' (vice-versa) can interbreed? All of this being in
mind that it MUST be natural.
The guppy was introduced in Brazil as a larvofagous (is this right?, help me
Tsuh) and now, here in Sao Paulo, we can collect the "barrigudinho-pintado"
(Poecilia vivipara) with many patterns of guppy. In tanks or ponds they
interbreed freely, but once the introduction was artificial, we can't say
that they are of the same species.
Thanks god I'm not a taxonomist.

Zeco