Color variation?

While feeding my fish last night, I noticed that some of my young male
"triple red" A. cacatuoides have some extra blue on them.  There is an area
that is sky-blue starting with the full length of the 2nd dorsal spine, and
going up at an angle to the tip of the 6th spine, to form a triangle.  The
"cheek-stripe", which shows on the females as black, is actually a dark blue
on the males.  Also on the lower area of the  face, some have the usual blue
spangles, but one has one brilliant radiant-blue stripe running horizontally.

The limited size of my "operation" has compelled three generations of
straight line breeding.  My question is whether any of you have seen this in
your cacatoos, or is this some new, spontaneous variation that has resulted
from the incidental "selected" breeding.

Bob Dixon