Egg eating

Hi all,
I made room for a pair of A.cacatuoides in my 33g at work this week and
noticed that the female guarded a bunch of eggs in a clay saucer two days
later:-).
I made a waterchange yesterday and the eggs were gone today.
I don't have any known egg eaters in this tank.
My question is: Will a water change with cooler water make her eat the
eggs?The temp. dropped from 79 to 75F after the waterchange and went back to
79 in about three hrs.I keep my fresh water in 5g bottles in my office at
roomtemp.70~73F.
Thanks for your input.
Have a nice Christmas everybody.
Max