Re: Strange looking fish

Francine,

I have seen these black blotches on A. cacatuoides, A. macmasteri, and Rotpunkt.
Females of A. elizabethae were once introduced in Germany as Rußkopf (Sooty-head)
because they had the same blotchiness on the head. I don't know if it's a
disease, parasite, environmental, or genetic condition, but it doesn't seem to
harm the fish.

Mike Wise