Re: Lots of spawning

Tom,

You pertensis-like fish looks very much like A.
sp. (Rio Maniapure) pictured in Linke & Staeck's
most recent edition of their book (1997, in German
only). It probably is most closely related to
Vierstreifen/4-stripes. The Maniapure species
comes from the middle Orinoco (east of the meeting
of the Rio Meta & Orinoco). Yours comes from
farther north I think. They might not be the same
species but look very similar.

Mike Wise