draft proposal.

AGA will need a proposal before they can officially support the contest,
so I drafted up an informal outline that we can work on.

I really intend this to provide a sort of straw dog.  We can use it to
focus our discussion and eventually to provide a form for the proposal,
for later hand-out material and so on.

I think this includes all of James' enumerated points.  It also includes
lots of question marks and otherwise incomplete statements.  But hopefully
its main points cover everything that's needed.

Also hopefully, my margins and tab settings won't break yours.

--------------------------

Title:  The Aquatic Gardeners' Association On-Line Aquascaping World Show

        their most artistic accomplishments in aquascaping.  This is an
        opportunity for planted-tank enthusiasts to compare their best
        effort with the work of others, to learn from other aquarium
        keepers and to share their skills with others.  Entrants'
        photographs will be displayed on the internet and judged by a jury
        of accomplished aquarium keepers from the Aquatic Gardeners'
        Association (AGA).

        The show is a cooperative effort between the AGA and thekrib.com,
        which are not-for-profit organizations.

Who should enter:

        Anyone who keeps a planted freshwater aquarium.  Judges cannot
        enter.

How to enter:

        Fees: There are no fees.  The show is supported entirely by AGA
                and by volunteers.

        Where to find entry forms:
                Online at http://www.thekrib.com
                in TAG
                By mail from AGA?
                By contacting (local contacts)

        What to submit:  Not more than 3 photographs of your aquarium
                displaying it's most artistic aspects, a description of
                the water conditions, history and maintenance of the
                aquarium, and a sketch plan of the aquarium layout.
                Example submittals are available from The Krib.  If you
                have more than one tank you want to display in the show,
                then you can make separate entries for each tank.

                Photographs may be submitted in any common electronic form
                (e.g. gif, jpg, bmp, ppm), as glossy photographic prints
                up to 8 inches X 10 inches, or as 35 mm slides.  Prints or
                slides will be converted to electronic images for display
                and judging.  All material submitted remains the property
                of AGA and will not be returned to the entrant.
                Photographs may be cropped and electronic forms may be
                adjusted for color, contrast or intensity, but alterations
                will not be accepted.

                Completed entry forms and tank descriptions may be
                submitted in hard copy or by email.

                The plan sketch may be submitted as a drawing on paper or
                as a scanned image (e.g. gif, jpg, bmp, ppm files -
                drawing file formats such as dwg, dxf or cdr files will
                probably not be useful).

        Where to submit:  Photographs, forms and sketches may be submitted
                by email to ??? or by post to ???.  Please provide all of
                your entry material in a single package.  Do not (for
                instance) send photograhic prints or sketches by post and
                forms by email.

        Help with your entry:  We encourage you to refer to example
                entries at http://www.thekrib.com/???.  Contact ??? if you
                need further help with your entry.

Deadlines:

        Entries will be accepted after ?? and the contest will closed on
        ??.  Submitted entries will be placed on display as they become
        available.  Judging will begin on ?? and results will be published
        on the Krib, TAG and APD on ??

Judging:

        The contest will be judged by a jury of (5?) accomplished
        aquarists from AGA.  Entries will be judged primarily on the
        artistic quality of the aquascaping.  Consideration will also be
        given to ??.  Altered photographs will not be displayed or
        accepted for judging.  Entries will be judged as Superior,
        Excellent or Honorable.

        A facility will be provided at The Krib to allow public voting.
        The results of the public vote will be used to determine a single
        "People's Choice" award.

Awards:

        The show is intended as an exchange of ideas and to recognize
        individual accomplishments in aquascaping.  Certificates will be
        awarded to entrants indicating the results of judging, but the
        most important award is the recognition from your aquarium keeping
        peers.

About the AGA:  ??

About the Krib:  ??

Disclaimers:

        You won't get your photos back.  Submitted materials may be
        published by the AGA and used by the AGA for its own purposes,
        including publication in other magazines or journals.