Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #116

>From: "Roger S. Miller" <rgrmill@rt66.com>
>Subject: Re: Fees, etc.

>Requiring internet access for participation is a small requirement.
>People can get access even without personal accounts and even in remote
>places.  This was brought home to me last winter when I received email
>from a friend who was passing through Bolivia.  On foot.  He found an
>"internet cafe" and mailed from there.
>
>Regardless of any internet availability, some people (like my
>mother-in-law) will simply never use it, even if it would serve their best
>interests.  Maybe it's harsh, but I think the cost of allowing those
>people equal access to the contest will be prohibitive.

I have to agree with you Roger, except I substitute "hassle" for "cost". If
the consenses is that we must accept photos, ok I'll go along with it but I
think that if people really want to enter (barring Roger's m-i-l) they will
get their stuff scanned. Everything would be much easier, faster, more
flexible ... the list goes on.

>I think this winter is probably the best time to do it.  How about
>accepting entries from Dec. 1 through Dec. 31, and (after the
>catastrophic Y2K crash, world depression and famine) have judging Jan
>1 through Jan 31?

Winter is good because more folks are at home... over Christmas?.. not so
sure... very busy, stressful time of year... probably better to start in
January.

>Judging:
We really need input

I'll have to think about it.