Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #119

James, good job on trying to get organized.

 Now I suggest that the next couple of digests are *just* to get firmly
settled on the first 4 things. I'm beginning to get the panicy feeling that
things are getting very complicated.

Let's leave the decision about image submission parameters to Erik. He does
great work. He knows what he is doing. That will settle a lot of
discussion.

Let's get settled A-D before we tackle the rest.
A. Nature of the Beast - contest/showcase/whatever
B. Scope of the Beast
C. Endorsement / Backing -
D. Name of the Beast

A. I think competition plus showcase is fine and "Festival" could encompass
the two and maybe gives a more "fun" and less competitive feeling. [BTW
Dave G., this is an "Art" competition which by nature means "pictures". We
cannot go around feeling in substrate for roots.]
B. Decided is it not? Planted tanks... no marine... no ponds.
C. We must hear from AGA. Is it a go or not?
D. I think I like AGA International Aquascaping Festival 2000 [or maybe
without the 2000]. Second would be AGA International Aquascaping
Competition & Showcase.

Olga
in Vancouver