a-d

a. is agreed upon, right?
b. is like James said: an aquascaping competition/showcase but since the
judging will be done with photos, then even though photography is not
specifically judged, it will have an impact on the submission.
c. I'll probably get flamed for this, but...  I realize that the AGA members
are really hyped about getting AGA to sponsor this, but I've never joined
AGA because it looked like it was dead.  Now, maybe this contest will give
them the publicity and opportunity to prove that there actually is an AGA.
In that case, I think that the AGA should provide the funds for this without
complaint.  I'm really tired of hearing about "members" thinking that they
shouldn't have to pay, but that "non-members" should.  If it's an AGA
contest and you decide to go that way, more power to you, but I really think
that it would have a negative impact on AGA recruiting.  I really think that
if you want to distance yourselves from "non-members", then you should have
an AGA members only contest.  I hope this doesn't sound like I'm saying that
your ideas are wrong.  I'm only trying to explain why I don't like the idea
of having non members pay.  If I were a long-time member, I might feel the
same as you (especially if this was the first time in quite a while that the
AGA had done anything.).

Olga wrote:
<<<D. I think I like AGA International Aquascaping Festival 2000 [or maybe
without the 2000]. Second would be AGA International Aquascaping
Competition & Showcase.>>>

And, Olga's choices are the same as mine for the name.

Dave Engle
Escondido (San Diego) California