Categories / Sorting Enteries

>But wouldn't the sorter need information from the entry form to decide
>what category the image falls into?  That is, if the categories are based
>on tank volume, wouldn't the tank volume need to be recorded on the entry
>form?  Likewise for professional/amateur status, biotope aquarium or not,
>and so on.

First of all, I think that the general feeling is that we _not_ attempt to
divide out the pros. Let ability and skill do it for us. Likewise - I
re-state my opinion that categories be only generally defined at this point
in time - there is no need for them to be given on an entry form. A beginner
might want to enter the contest but might tick off an inapproriate category.
Size of tank info can be requested on the entry form and this info could be
coded into the ID number (like guppy breeders code the DOB of a brood into
the ID number of individual breeders when recording breeding data). Its no
big sweat.

Tank size or volume is a more basic division and one easier to deal with for
a first effort at a contest. If we set up a whole host of preconceived
"Categories", what happens if we only get one or two or none in a lot of the
categories? We'll end up looking like fools, especially in the eyes of
experienced Judges.

Again, let's keep it simple, let's keep it elegant.

(who _would_ be a Linux user if Red Hat would only provide a no-brainer way
to set up a dial up TCP/IP ISP account for a single user machine, like
Microsoft does for Windows)