Re: Categories / Sorting Enteries

At 10:08 PM 7/15/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Tank size or volume is a more basic division and one easier to deal with for
>a first effort at a contest. If we set up a whole host of preconceived
>"Categories", what happens if we only get one or two or none in a lot of the
>categories?

I agree with that, but...

>We'll end up looking like fools, especially in the eyes of
>experienced Judges.

Hardly likely, since there _ain't_ no judges with any experience with this
sort of thing.  It hasn't been done before.  And believe me, in fish shows
dog shows and horse shows, there are plenty of "one horse classes".  I'd
bet there are in art shows too.  (not that I'm advocating splitting off one
entry classes, I'm not)

Karen

Karen