My late night comments to David!

Olga is right - e-mail can be very tricky.

I responded to David VanderWall's posting the other evening and it seems
that Olga at least thought I was laughing AT him, for making his comments. I
am TERRIBLY sorry if I gave that impression. What I was laughing AT was
David's description of how his room-mate looks at him - the room-mate with
the simple aquarium, David with the high tech set-up.

Very different approaches, yet BOTH obviously enjoying the hobby.

Don't you get it Olga? (no offence here in citing you) He hit the nail right
on the head - this hobby attracts ALL SORTS of folks, who all have their own
approaches and methods. Yet we ALL are having a good time.

That's WHY I've been kicking and screaming like James VII (how many of them
WERE there???) here. To get everyone to realize that there are OTHER points
of view, which are just as valid as OUR point of view.

David's post hit me when I was exhausted and beginning to give up hope that
my message was getting through - I was VERY close to just thowing in the
towel and e-mailing Erik to get me out of this whole thing. I don't like
butting my head against a wall any more than the wall likes getting hit.

While this Showcase/Contest idea may have originated in a plant specific
forum, there is NO good reason to limit the idea to that minor specialty
group - there is a whole world out there.

But reading Davis's post, and seeing that little story just TOLD me that HE
got it, HE understands what I've been trying to do, and if HE can
understand, then so can everyone else (I'm not implying that you are
difficult David, just that you seemed to understand my point). The sheer
relief came out of me as a bout of hilarious laughter. It realeases a lot of
tension.

I DO see where David was getting to in his post, but by the time I was
answering it, I was too tired to be able to say more than I did. But I was
definately NOT laughing AT him.

Olga made another telling point in her last message - she and I know one
another, and while I can appear difficult, underneath I'm really not so bad.
If I push too hard - push back. I can respect that and sometimes NEED to be
told to shut up. It won't offend me, I guarantee it.