Re: Inflation of Scores

David Engle described a situation in his office where "da boss"
intentionally slants the judging of applicants for promotion. Sounds like a
cheezy thing for your boss to do Dave, especially if you aren't on his
"favourites" list. But you know, it happens all the time - I've seen it
happen in my office too.

Hopefully if we only pass the images to the Judges identified by a number or
some other "code", they won't know WHO'S tank that they are judging. Do you
think that this might prevent this sort of "fixing the books" from
happening?

>We're gonna post the winners with more
>colorful descriptions than just "97.3%" anyway, right?

My hope is that we can get the judges to provide some written feed-back on
at least _some_ of the entries, and provided that they are not derisive,
post those comments to the web along with the images. I _think_ that several
people have already said that they would like to read what the judges have
to say - it should help us all learn.

B.T.W. - I like your suggestion to add instructions to the Judges to go
along with the Criteria:

>Award one to twenty points for selection and use of materials.
>Award one to twenty-five points for composition, balance, use of space and
>use of color.
>Award one to fifteen points for viability of the aquascape.
>Award one to forty points for overall impression of the aquascape.

Regardless of the actual # of points assigned to each Criteria, this is a
nice addition to what we hand to the Judges.

.