Volunteers & Publicity

Ken wrote:
"Ken writes: Gosh, my feelings are hurt <g>. I have volunteered from day one
to help with the scanning. I guess I needed to expand my commitment more
formally.  I hereby certify that I am willing to help out on any aspect of
this showcase/contest to make sure it succeeds.  I have put too much time
reading and commenting on our posts to see this thing go down the tubes now.
Count me in on whatever needs to be done."

Didn't mean to hurt anybody's feelings - I know that you had volunteered
before - and you have been one of the constants in the group - you never shy
away from giving your ideas and impressions.

But the simple statement that you made in this quoted post is what I'm
looking for. You WILL be around once this is approved, and you WILL help us
make this a reality. Nothing complicated, nothing heavy, just a simple
statment of committment.

In your other post regarding putting together lists of groups to contact -
this would be great. Is someone on the west cost willing to help Ken with
this?

As for a web-site to use for referrals and as an info source - once this is
approved, it wouldn't take me long or require much effort to turn the "mock
web-site" I already have in place to such a purpose. I would imagine that it
might take Erik a while to get the "real" web-site up, as it will require
programming which is beyond me. We could use my site in the interim and then
I could just set it to redirect people once the "real" site is ready. Or I
could slap something together and send it to Erik for placement on his
server. Either way, having a live site where we could direct people to early
is a great idea. It could save a lot of time in answering questions - just
refer them to the site for details.

James P.