Re: Prizes

> It seems that not too many people are getting excited over the possibility
> of winning real prizes in this. I guess the thought of a set of the three
> volume "Nature Aquarium World" or a subscription to Aquajournal, or an
Eheim
> canister filter, or a couple of LaMotte or Hach test kits, or a gift
> certificate from "That Fish Place" doesn't elicit as much excitement as a
> pretty satin ribbon.

I really like the idea, but I'm not convinced that it wouldn't change the
atmosphere of the contest to something more competitive.  If we find
something like that, I'd certianly like to win it, but if it dosen't happen
I won't be crushed.  Also, I heard a rumor that Vectrapoint went under and
is no longer producing AquaJournal.

> Now, I don't know if the lack of excitement is due to any real preference
or
> just due to the fact that I might expect somene else to actually
co-ordinate
> the storage and forwarding of prizes (see my previous post on
volunteering).

If we decide to go with prizes, I don't have a problem volunteering to track
some of that stuff down.

Justin Collins