RE: Categories & Volunteers

Ken wrote: Gosh, my feelings are hurt <g>. I have volunteered from day one
to help with the scanning. I guess I needed to expand my commitment more
formally.  I hereby certify that I am willing to help out on any aspect of
this showcase/contest to make sure it succeeds.  I have put too much time
reading and commenting on our posts to see this thing go down the tubes now.
Count me in on whatever needs to be done.
Dave V. says:

I sent an email to James right away stating that I would be willing to photograph anyone's tank in my metropolitan area.  I see that we are not looking for that kind of help right now, but maybe someday soon.  I will also contact/canvas the local fish stores around here as well as our aquarium society.  I suppose it does need to be said that I will help, James.  I guess that's all you're looking for right now.  I just so much agree with the second to last sentence in Ken's post.  If I don't help, I will have totally wasted my time up to this point.  I will help.  However, I cannot do what I can't do.  I don't have a garage.  I'm not around during the day (when deliveries usually happen) to sign for something.  I just can't be the merchandise volunteer right now.  If my living situation changes radically, I will contact you (James) and offer whatever resources I have.

I'm looking forward to this showcase/contest, too.  This hoby is fun to promote.  People seem fascinated by it, as I know I am.

Dave VanderWall
Minneapolis, MN