Re: Proposal

Ken Guin sent me some comments on the draft proposal:

>Entry Guidelines 5b: I suggest we strike "images" and insert "photographs".
>Reason: are we willing to accept sketches or drawings?

Sounds reasonable to me - I can make the change with the next update.

>Entry Form: I suggest that we explain here that there is a $5.00 fee for
>_each_ tank entered.

If there IS an entry fee, I agree that it should be clear everywhere.

>Photo guidelines #7: I suggest that we specifically state that cropping is
>allowed.

Excellent point - i had forgotten all about that. That can go in with the
next update.

Alternatively, we could just drop the specific things that are allowed and
disallowed altogether and go with Karen's suggested phrase, which is #8.
This could still allow us to disallow obvious fakes but would allow people
to present the best possible image to us. If we use specific words here,
some software packages might use different words for the same effect and we
could be faced with confusion and or difficulties. Simpler is better, no?

>Aquascape Information: In the "suggested" section, I would like to see if
>the entrant uses CO2 and/or other fertilizer and if so, what type
>(cylinder/DIY or commercial fertilizer/PMDD).

As this is open to both planted as well as non-planted tanks, I'm kind of
nervous about making this list of "suggestions" too long. There is a request
to provide any further information that the entrant feels relevant -
wouldn't this suffice? If they are faced with a list as long as their arm,
they might end up not giving us any information.

>Judging guidelines: I suggest that something about "best of show" be
>mentioned in this section.

How do you suggest that it be put in to that section? It could go into
"Scoring Guidelines" subsection, not the main Judging Guidelines section. As
that whole area has to be re-written anyway to satisfy some other people, I
can add your suggestion once we work out a agreement on just HOW they are
going to read. Perhaps those who dislike that particular section would care
to re-word it themselves and post their suggestions.

Thanks for the input Ken.