Another "one more thing"..... ribbons and prizes....

It's amazing the things that you can see after a while away..... hopefully a
"good thing"...

While typing out the "budget", I notice that we are planning on giving
ribbons to all First, Second and Third Place winners in each of the 12
Classes. Ribbons would also be awarded to Best of Show and People's Choice
Award winners.

Turning to merchandise prizes, we have decided on a "real" prize to the
First Place winners in each Class as well as to Best of Show.

I see a "problem"...... (maybe it is, maybe it isn't.... but I need
guidance....)

- The 12 First Place winners are going to get BOTH a ribbon and a prize. Is
this O.K.?
- I _assume_ that the Best of Show is going to be selected by the Judges
from among the winners of each Class. The winner of Best of Show is
therefore going to get a ribbon for winning their Class, a Prize for winning
their Class, a ribbon for winning Best of Show, and a prize for winning Best
of Show. Is this overkill or just well deserved praise??????

I don't anticipate "specialized" ribbons for the various awards - I am
assuming that we will have one generic ribbon with the AGA logo and the
contest name and year - anything more elaborate or specialized would
probably add to the cost of the ribbons and it's high enough all ready....

How are these things handled in other venues?

..... hard at it......