Links and HTML

Erik wrote:

> And today we're out of here in a few minutes to go
>birding.

Ahhh,.... the joys of living in a mild climate. The birds here are all
wearing fur coats, trying to cope with -40 C wind chill.....

> For instance, in the example code, you use

> instead of

> <h2>Header Goes Here</h2>

That's no sweat, Front Page allows for either. In anything I do from here on
in, I'll just use the <h1> and <h2> method.

I'm not sure about the <p class= bit, you'll still probably have to deal
with those sorts of issues.

> My point last week was just don't re-edit it with FrontPage *once I've
> added it into the official site.*

Don't worry! Once it goes on the site, I'll let YOU worry about any editing
it needs. <g>

But I'm probably not finished with the Links page yet, so don't expect that
to not change over the next few days

> I think it's nice to ask to link, but not necessary.  I always am grateful
> someone asks to link, and I always tell them it's not necessary but
> thanks.  So what you are doing is OK, and it lets them know we're out
> there.

O.K. - most people DO seem kind of surprised and VERY pleased to be ASKED,
and quite a few want to be kept up to date on how this project goes.

Adrian Tappin in Australia sent me a bunch of Dutch Style shots by a chap in
the Netherlands and says we can use them any way we wish (the chap had given
Adrian carte blanche with them). He'll also help spread the word "down
under" once we go on-line.

Edward from m3 had this to say: "Thank you for the great offer.  We can
reciprocate by offering specials to your members and particularly the
committee members.  Please let me know if this is possible."

I haven't responded to him yet - I don't know whether we should take him up
on it or not. He did provide a graphic for the link, but I don't thing it's
necessary (we don't have graphics for the others and graphics only slow down
the loading of a page).

Karl Schoeler has offered to help in any way that he can.

Most people have offered to do "recriprocal links" once our web-site is
ready.

You already know that George Booth is preparing a sample entry.

I think Joe Jawarski specifically re-loaded his Paludarium site for us - it
was off line for a while and re-appeared shortly after I sent him my
request.

So, all in all, quite a positive initial response from "outsiders".

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Vectrapoint web-site remains UP (it
came back on-line after midnight last night). They _may_ be in trouble as a
company, but the aquascaping and photography stuff of their web-site is
great.

> I will forward that to the MCM where Neil or Mary can answer.  I think the
> most important thing is to ask Steve (which you did) and Roger.  I've been
> bugging Neil for years to get more sample articles up anyway.

I've asked Steve, I have yet to ask Roger - I'll e-mail him this afternoon.
On a related note, but not connected with this event, I've got something
else I'd like placed before the AGA MC - I'll send it to you privately
shortly.