Re: Change Scale Facility

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, James Purchase wrote:

> But there is also a hyperlink which allows for the addition of a "new
> entrant", which leads to the "registration" area.
>
> I'm wondering how the system determines what is a "new entrant" from a
> "previously registered" entrant? What is to prevent someone from registering
> multiple times and submitting more than the three entries/entrant limit we
> decided upon? Or, for that matter, to prevent ANY entrant from submitting
> more than 3 entries? I just added two tanks to the two I previously
> registered, giving me a total of four aquascapes entered - which is over the
> limit we decided upon.

I plumb forgot about the 3-entry limit.  I'll put it on my list.

As for the "multiple entrants", my original thinking was that there
doesn't need to be a 1:1 correspondence of registered users:entrants per
se.  One person could take care of typing in multiple people's entries.
But your point is a good one; it could be confusing, and if we limit it to
"one registered user = one entrant" it makes the tips MUCH easier to
follow (i.e., either you've filled out the registration form or you
haven't!).

> "You should now be ready to complete your entry. As has been noted earlier,
> this may be done in a number of ways and we have endeavoured to make this
> process as simple as possible. The Entry Form is available in a format which
> you may print out on your own system at home and submit through the post
> office. You may also enter online, by registering to use our Electronic
> Entry Form."
>
> In your earlier version, you gave hyperlinks for "Entry Form" (linked to the
> printable version) and "Electronic Entry Form" (linked of course to the
> registration area). These links were a good idea and perhaps you could
> hyperlink those words once again.

I would like to put in these whereever possible.  I also want to go back
into the automated sections and put hyperlinks into the guidelines from
the online forms.