Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #256

At 04:12 AM 3/10/2000 -0800, Erik wrote:

>The registration thing should have mailed *you* an e-mail with some
>instructions.  Did you get it?

I did.  I just sent the other E-mail before I got the response.  I agree
that some sort of message saying that electronic entry is only available
after registration would avoid that confusion.

A couple of little things on the entry form:

Some of the check boxes need re-wording.  The AGA member question needs to
be re-worded so that the answer is clearly negative or affirmative.  The
same with the showcase/contest and e-mail options.  If you read the
question, it looks like you should leave the boxes blank if you do not want
one of these options.  But when you hit save, the boxes have "no" in them.
This is technically correct in that it creats a double negative, but it's a
bit confusing.

I had one idea for the plant ID section of the form.  Would it help to
refer people to the Tropica web site if they are having trouble ID'ing
their plants?  I suspect we'll have many people who enter who are clueless
as to what the plants are.

I didn't completely fill in the plants and critters section, because I
didn't want to take the time on a sample, but I will if you want me to.
Under the critter section should we have them list fish and other critters?
 The inverts in a tank can be important too. (or in the case of my son's
tank, the big, lurking axolotl ;-)

Do you want me to try sending you sample photos with this too?  I do have
digital images I can shoot you quickly if you want to play with them.

Karen