RE: AGA Tax Status

James wrote:
"Unfortunately....... I think that we might find a lot of high end items
treated in this manner, and thus unavailable to us as prizes. It really IS
urgent that the AGA obtain this tax status."

Ken writes:

It seems to me that Poly Bio (and probably many others yet to come) are more
worried about scam artists taking advantage of their potential generosity
than they are tax deductions. Do you think it would be possible to contact
Poly Bio again and try to convince them that we are a legitimate
organization and not some unscrupulous person trying to con them?

While a tax-exempt status might make it easier for them to donate goods, I
would think that there are enough exceptions to the rule to allow them some
flexibility in cases like this.

Regards,

Ken Guin
Arlington, VA