Re: AGA CONTEST - Digest V1 #476

James wrote:

"Our Aquascaping Contest is focused on how people arrange their aquariums.
There seems to have been sporadic but ongoing interest and discussion of the
APD regarding the "art issue". One area where "art" is very apparent is
botanical illustration. I have several books which contain really nice
examples of illustrations of aquatic plants. What about setting up a section
of the event (or a paralell exhibit) of entrant submitted botanical art?
Maybe some of the AGA members like to draw or paint their aquariums and/or
aquatic plants. Maybe some professional artists would like to submit
drawings/sketches/paintings of aquatic plants."

I like that idea, especially if we worked it the way we do the photos, where
we have the right to use them in TAG.  I'd love some drawings for the
magazine.  On that same subject, I'd love it if we could put something in
the contest info about how to produce publication quality digital images.  I
know we don't want to INSIST on them for the sake of the contest, but I
think in many cases, if people knew what publication quality was, they could
send the images either way.  We could showcase man of these tanks really
nicely in the magazine if we had better images to work with.

Karen