Re: [AGA Contest] A straw dog

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004 11:50:13 -0700 (PDT), S. Hieber wrote
> A very bgood start at a simpler guidance on biotopotypical
> entries.
>
> You are proposing that regionally thematic entries be
> allowed but discouraged in this category?
>
> What about inbetweeners?

I don't think there's a point where you can make a practical division between
true biotopes and various sorts of semi-biotope tanks.  If a distinction needs
to be made it is probably best left up to the judges. As a judge I really
didn't like that but from here I don't see a good way around it.  The idea
behind the guidance was to tell entrants pretty much what has happened in the
past.  Tanks that aren't very good biotopes don't rank as high as better
biotope tanks.  That leaves the decision to the entrant.  Hopefully being very
clear about that will lead to less dissent.

Roger