Re: [AGA-Contest] Opening Announcement.

I think that would be a good idea.  If there aren't any additional changes made
aside from Scott's revisions, then I'll start posting these on various forums
and website.

Bailin> > Nice!> > Would you like to also use this as the welcome page text?> >
On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Bailin Shaw wrote:> > >> > Hi All,> >> > The following is
the email I'd like to send out to the various forums > > and email lists with
regards to the contest. Please read through the > > announcement and pass along
any revisions that makes it a better > > announcement.> >> >> > Fellow
Aquascapers,> >> > It is with great pleasure that the Aquatic Gardeners
Association announces the opening of the annual AGA International Aquascaping
Contest on June 15th, 2007. As in the past, the contest will showcase some of
the most striking and unique aquascapes the world over and is often a pulse on
the newest styles and designs emerging in the hobby today. We, at the AGA, hope
to have another record turnout for the 2007 aquascaping contest and look
forward to seeing the entries as they are entered into the contest. With some
luck, the judges and AGA chairperson will be presenting the category winners
live at the annual convention later this year.> >> > For 2006, most of the
entries were entered into the contest via the internet, and it is our hope that
the trend continues for this year. Again, we must emphasize a couple of points
that bear mentioning prior to the opening of the contest.> >> > 1. Please sign
the photo release forms if you wish to have your photos showcased for the
contest.> > 2. Please use your legal name. This is essential for dissemination
of awards following the contest.> > 3. Please do not add copyrights or
signatures in any photos.> > 4. Please do not add borders to the individual
photos or create a mosaic of photos of the aquascape.> >> > By following these
rules, you will make the job of judges and uploading of the aquascapes to the
contest showcase much easier.> >> > Finally, as in the past, this contest is
only successful due to the efforts of the contest chairperson and his crew of
volunteers. For this year's contest to be equally successful and meet the
standards set in previous years, the AGA again needs volunteers to help with a
wide variety of duties required to make the contest run smoothly. We need some
dedicated individuals to take the lead on 4 basic committees: Awards,
PR/Advertising, Graphic Design, and Judge Procurement. The duties would take
very little time and effort on the part of volunteers, but your efforts will be
an important part in making this contest a success. So, join in the fun!> >> >
I look forward to seeing the many wonderful aquascapes in the coming months and
am sure I will be surprised with some of the aquascapes as I have been in the
past.> >> > Sincere Regards,> > Bailin Shaw> > Aquascaping Contest Chair> >