Re: [AGA-Contest] Opening Announcement.

Please send final copy for the website and I'll add it in...

On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Bailin Shaw wrote:

I think that would be a good idea.  If there aren't any additional changes made
aside from Scott's revisions, then I'll start posting these on various forums
and website.

Bailin> > Nice!> > Would you like to also use this as the welcome page text?> > On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Bailin Shaw wrote:> > >> > Hi All,> >> > The following is the email I'd like to send out to
the various forums > > and email lists with regards to the contest. Please read through the > > announcement and pass along any revisions that makes it a better > > announcement.> >> >> > Fellow
Aquascapers,> >> > It is with great pleasure that the Aquatic Gardeners Association announces the opening of the annual AGA International Aquascaping Contest on June 15th, 2007. As in the past, the contest will showcase some
of the most striking and unique aquascapes the world over and is often a pulse on the newest styles and designs emerging in the hobby today. We, at the AGA, hope to have another record turnout for the 2007 aquascaping contest and look
forward to seeing the entries as they are entered into the contest. With some luck, the judges and AGA chairperson will be presenting the category winners live at the annual convention later this year.> >> > For 2006, most of
the entries were entered into the contest via the internet, and it is our hope that the trend continues for this year. Again, we must emphasize a couple of points that bear mentioning prior to the opening of the contest.> >> >
1. Please sign the photo release forms if you wish to have your photos showcased for the contest.> > 2. Please use your legal name. This is essential for dissemination of awards following the contest.> > 3. Please do not add
copyrights or signatures in any photos.> > 4. Please do not add borders to the individual photos or create a mosaic of photos of the aquascape.> >> > By following these rules, you will make the job of judges and
uploading of the aquascapes to the contest showcase much easier.> >> > Finally, as in the past, this contest is only successful due to the efforts of the contest chairperson and his crew of volunteers. For this year's contest
to be equally successful and meet the standards set in previous years, the!
 AGA aga
in needs volunteers to help with a wide variety of duties required to make the contest run smoothly. We need some
dedicated individuals to take the lead on 4 basic committees: Awards, PR/Advertising, Graphic Design, and Judge
Procurement. The duties would take very little time and effort on the part of volunteers, but your efforts will be an
important part in making this contest a success. So, join in the fun!> >> > I look forward to seeing the many
wonderful aquascapes in the coming months and am sure I will be surprised with some of the aquascapes as I have been in
the past.> >> > Sincere Regards,> > Bailin Shaw> > Aquascaping Contest Chair> >