Re: Amano at the convention and "the moss"

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001, James Purchase wrote:

> I fully understand the "volunteer" basis of the organization, and I know
> only too well that nothing gets done without _someone_ volunteering to do
> it, but perhaps the membership could be polled, via this mailing list or via
> the APD to see if there is an AGA member who does intend to be there, and
> who might be interested in taping some or all of the lectures? I don't think
> that anyone expects a "Hollywood" style tape, but a VHS tape of the lectures
> would be invaluable to a lot of members and non-members alike. The AGA
> Steering Committee itself doesn't have to be the ones doing the taping or
> selling/distributing the tapes, although it would be a natural extension of
> the AGA Bookstore.

Rest assured, there will be a tape MADE of the event, just as there was
last year.  There is already a willing videographer, editor and even
distributor. It's just a matter of whether or not management can finally
agree on *allowing* it to be distributed (and working out a deal with the
speakers -- oftentimes it is the speakers who do not want their lecture
redistributed). Karen has outlined the reasons for why this was done last
year.  It is my hope that at some point the convention lectures will be
available for anyone with interest.

  - Erik

--
Erik Olson