Re: [AGA Member] Plant Pigmentation Discussion (somewhat long)

Scott Heiber wrote:

Anthropomorphic, but fun;-)

So then, based on this, when the R. indica gets closer to the lights it gets greener?
<end quote>

Good question Scott, and an interesting example. :) Technically, yes, it should mean that the closer toward the light the greener, or at least less red, it would get. In outdoor emersed culture I've seen that to be the case. However, under submerged conditions from moderate up to very high light I've only ever seen it get red/pink/orange provided it's given proper nutrition. When I tried growing in submerged using only Seachem products I wasn't able to maintain the nice red colors, it went totally green on me.

Best, Phil