Re: [AGA Member] Red Pigment-K spectrum experiment

From: "Phil Edwards" <biotypical@hotmail.com>

> Your plants are really "bleaching" they're producing more
Chlorophyll to
> compensate for the increased amount of light they've been exposed
too.

Which brings us full circle. Since some plants require x intensity
to achieve full red color, and others require a lesser y intensity
to remain red and avoid bleaching, I wonder if there is a middle
ground suitable for all. And is there a way to express it in terms
of lumens or wattage or whatever that we could use to keep our
plants the color we want them. (I told my lobelia to sit in the
corner of the tank until it decides to stop being green but you know
how positively stubborn plants are..)

> Somewhat off topic, did you buy your Lobelia in a store or did you
get it
> from someone on the list?

lfs, a few days after he got them in. Got the red cabomba the same
day and the lobelia in front of it was sweet looking until the thing
turned green.

-d