Re: [AGA Member] Planted Tank Room- Central Filtration

Aaron:

Good idea and I've been working out a way to do this myself in order to cut
back on repetitive maintenance like servicing multiple filters, CO2 devices,
and doing many individual water changes, etc.

In fact, with plenty of plants and a relatively low fish/bio load I wonder if
one couldn't just plumb the system to constantly add and remove a certain
amount of water via an overflow so that little (if any) mechanical filtration
devises were needed.

The question is: how much water to exchange? The equivalent of a 50% water
change every two weeks perhaps?

Also, how to hook the tanks together: a circulating range system where the
water flows from tank to tank in a circle or a central sump system where all
tanks overflow into a common sump where the water is added, removed, injected
with CO2 and perhaps filtered somewhat?

The devil is in the details.

Bob Olesen

multipart/alternative