RE: [AGA Member] Re: fish/plant light -- or - Have you got lots o f options or what?

You give up on keeping the gap, havee flatter instead of
parabolic reflctors, and lose a lot of the light. That's
one reason T5s can have higher effective outputs in more
applications. Point source lights take that advanctage even
farther, althought the round "spot-light" dispersion
doesn't suit many aquarium applications.

Wherever you could stuff a lot of 4' T12s, you could
probably get more light using T8s, or about as much light
using less electricity -- assuming you use compaably
matched ballasts.  And T8s are pretty cheap even in the US.

Scott H.

=====
S. Hieber
Takashi Amano and More at