Re: [AGA Member] Marsilea carpets

> Are other carpets (e.g. glossostigma and dwarf
hair grass) subject to the
> same problems?

I have tried Glosso, marsilea, and hairgrass. I
feel that glosso requires too much work and
marsilea takes a bit less, but still chokes itself
out as glosso will do. I do however love
hairgrass. It has stayed maintenance free for
years except for the single case of hair algae,
which was quite a fight. After balancing the
tank's nutrients and giving the hairgrass a good
trimming right down to the gravel, it came back
without a problem. Hairgrass does get taller then
the glosso and marsilea that I have tried, but not
too much. I have also had more tetra fry survive
in tanks with lots of hairgrass. The only down
side I can possibly think of is planting the
hairgrass, if you thought planting glosso or
marsilea was tedious, you have no idea....
Steve