RE: [AGA Member] AB contest announcements

Thanks for the explanation. That's my mistake and I humbly apologize. Didn't mean to stir the pot up so much, I just didn't think some of the remarks made were warranted.

Anyways, I'm glad that there are as many entities in existance. That only proves that this aspect of the hobby has grown as much as it has. I have worked diligently both within my home club and with the AGA to get the word out. I hope that this year's convention will prove to be even more sucessful as last years. I'm sure with the people working on it now, it will prove to be great!

Bailin

From: "Carlos Sanchez" <tsunamicarlos@hotmail.com>
To: aga-member@thekrib.com
Subject: RE: [AGA Member] AB contest announcements
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:14:21 -0500

Bailin,

I have very organized Microsoft Excel sheets to check off each site I've advertised on. The last time I advertised on any list about the aquascaping contest is February 5th (not on this list though). A month later, I am sending an announcement/reminder to everyone that there is one month left to enter. There is one reminder per list/forum. If you are seeing more than one announcement in any archive, then you are looking at last year's announcements for this contest.

Why the reminder? I think the AGA Aquascaping contest failed last year in getting the word out to everyone. Did anyone notice that not one entry from Singapore was in the contest when there are usually several? When I asked on their forum, they said that they all forgot about the deadline. My job is to ensure a successful event by letting everyone know how much time they have left at this point.

I think you can hardly blame the AB forums for draining away membership participation from APD and AGA member lists. There are several other forums (APC, plantedtank, plantgeek, AQ) that also "compete" with them. I like APC because it is the most user friendly and organized. Is it a sin that I post there rather on APD/AB? No.

I don't hold any disdain against the AGA. :) Why else would I pay for a two year membership?

Carlos

I don't care that Carlos is posting it - if it's an announcement, that's fine. But one post per list is more than enough in my opinion. I specifically seeing it pop up more than once in multiple sites. Although I don't have a problem, some others may not be as forgiving especially the organizations and businesses at risk.