  From: Randy Pullen<mailto:rpullen@waterpik.com>
  To: aga-member@thekrib.com<mailto:aga-member@thekrib.com>
  Sent: Saturday, April 03, 2004 10:41 AM
  Subject: [AGA Member] Raising GH

  I am new to this hobby so please forgive my niave question. I am adding
  CO2, (one bubble per second) 2.5 watts per gallon,(considering going up
  to 3.3) 6.8 PH and 3 degrees GH. 38 Gallon tank. I only have a GH test
  kit which indicates 3 degrees. I am interested in increasing my GH (and
  KH?). Do I understand correctly that 5dGH is the target?
  I am not sure of when to add sodium bicarbonate or calcium carbonate. I
  attempted to add calcium carbonate via. two calcium vitamin pills. I did
  not measure a difference after one hour.
  Also what about seachem equilibrium? When and why should I use this
  product?
  Do I really need a KH test kit also?
  Thanks,
  Randy