[AGA-Member] No yeast?

Scott said:
I don't add any yeast when I recharge. At the rate at which yeast multiplies, the rector is cooking in a few hours starting jsut from what's left in the bottom when I change the water mix.

I wonder:
I am using a mix of yeast, sugar, baking soda, and water in the hagen plant-gro CO2 natural canister (you know, the one with the fun see-em-dissolve bubble ladder). I use 1/8t yeast, 1 t baking soda, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Are you saying I could drain out {some, most} of the old mixture, add new sugar, baking soda, and water, and things would still cook? Not that 1/8t of yeast every 3-4 weeks is breaking the bank, just curious.

Rachel