[AGA-Member] From the Membership Desk

Happy New Year from the Membership Desk! May 2005 be a happy, healthy, productive year for you.

We have about 800 members in the Aquatic Gardeners Association. For the last two years, US membership has remained steady while non-US membership has nearly doubled. Interestingly, this increase comes from non-English-speaking countries such as Israel, Japan, and Italy.

What does this mean? Your guess is as good as mine! :-) Let's hear what you think.

Meanwhile, here are some ways we can all promote this great organization, no matter where we live.

Top Ten Free (Mostly) Ways to Help the AGA in 2005:

1. Tell a friend about the AGA while you are showing off your planted tank.
2. Talk your boss into letting you set up a planted tank in the office. Then, see #1 above.
3. Wear your AGA t-shirt or pin.
4. Talk about planted tank stuff on this list.
5. Mention that you are an AGA member in your e-mail and forum signatures. You could even include a link to the AGA web site.
6. Download the AGA brochure: www.aquatic-gardeners.org/AGA-Brochure_web.pdf. Print and distribute to friends, local club members, local fish stores, libraries, universities, etc.
7. Ask me for full-color brochures for your next local aquarium or fish club meeting. If you have extras, leave them at the local fish store.
8. Ask me for an AGA promotional package for your local club's Special Event like an auction, expo, or Planted Tank Speaker Meeting.
9. Write an article for TAG. You don't have to be an expert. Just write down your experiences.
10. Volunteer your time and skills. What can you do that could help the AGA?
--
Cheryl Rogers, Membership
Aquatic Gardeners Association