RE: [AGA-Member] Green Water Problem

It's just that I guess on your normal day you are more susceptible to algae.

Not really. In fact, I feel that running the tank at a higher metabolism increases the opportunity for algae due to a decreased margin for error. It's just like running a really high light tank. If the plants are growing faster than I can control it's very easy to get a nutrient imbalance that could potentially lead to algal problems. Rate of growth/metabolism doesn't matter nearly as much as nutrient balance within the system.

Best,
Phil