From: aga-member-bounces@thekrib.com [mailto:aga-member-bounces@thekrib.com] On Behalf Of Tomoko Schum
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2005 8:52 PM
To: Aquatic Gardeners Association Member Chat
Subject: Re: [AGA-Member] Possibilities of Sozo Haishoku

But one thing that he said is "news" for me - He said

that there's a time limit for an aquarium and at some point one has to replace the substrate and "renew" the tank. I thought that a reasonable substrate runs out of nutrients (except iron) in about a year or so however it should still absorb some nutrients from the water and my impression was that water column is the king as far as fertilization so no need to care so much about substrate anyway.<<

When it comes to fertilization, ADA's method is quite
different from the popular approach among AGA members.  You might have noticed from the data sections in their articles that ADA keeps the water column very lean.

Tomoko